As an ancient part of traditional Chinese medicine, edible bird’s nest has been considered a Chinese delicacy for over four hundred years.
Golden Nest, the leading US company which supplies edible bird's nest products, now has its original line available at Costco. Read on to learn about what bird's nest products you can find at Costco, and how you can get exclusive flavors of bird’s nest drink online.
Edible bird's nest products sold at Costco
Golden Nest was the very first company to offer edible bird's nest beverages, and its entire line provides bird’s nest products that are superior in taste, quality, and purity to other brands available in the US. Because of strict USDA regulations, only top quality bird’s nest manufacturers can process and sell their products in the USA.
Golden Nest is the only edible bird's nest product which has earned the privilege of selling its products at Costco, the world's second largest wholesaler.
At Costco, there are two main Golden Nest products. Our Bird's Nest Soup Line and Drink Line with limited distribution throughout the Costco retail store network, because this is still categorized as an ethnic food, they will more likely be available in communities with a higher Asian concentration.
The main difference between the two other than price is the concentration of birds nest per ounce of liquid.
The first of the two products is the Golden Nest Bird’s Nest Soup. It is an 8 pack of 2.5 oz bottles, for $39.88 as noted by a Reddit user.
Because of the volume and size that Costco can move, they are able to offer their members the best deal, if you do find them at your local Costco, make sure to pick up a few cases.
As a comparison, we carry the same Premium Original Birds Nest Soup on our website, but each case only comes with 6 bottles and the retail price is $49/box.
The second very popular Golden Nest Bird’s Nest product at Costco is our Original Flavored Bird’s Nest Drink. Similar to the Bird’s Nest Soup, it comes in an 8 pack and is almost $10 less than our regular 6 pack. You can see in this Youtube video where a guy is surprised to see Bird’s Nest Drinks at his local Costco and is asking for comments from his viewers.
This is the same product in the video. It retails for $29.99 for 6 bottles on our website.
Edible Bird's Nest Soups at Golden Nest
Now that you know what Golden Nest Bird’s Nest products are available at Costco, let’s talk about what isn’t carried by the retail giant.
- Red Bird’s Nest Soup - From our Golden Nest Birds Nest Soup line, we have our Premium Red Birds Nest Soup in Original Rock Sugar flavor. You can read about Red or Blood Birds Nest here.
- Red Date & Goji Berries - Our popular Red Birds Nest also comes in our traditional Red Date and Goji Berry recipe. Red Date and Goji Berries have very well known health benefits even in modern western food circles these days.
- Gold Birds Nest Soup - Gold birds nest is a level up from the regular premium line sold at Costco, you can read more about the different levels here.
- Collagen - For those of you wanting more bounce in your skin, we also carry a Birds Nest Soup infused with high quality and certified Collagen.
- Ginseng - We even have a Ginseng infused Bird's Nest Soup that will help with mental alertness and have been known to increase immune system performance.
- Concentrated Swallow Nest - For those of you looking for a high dose of Bird’s Nest Benefits, we do have a line of Concentrated Birds Nest at 250 grams in one bowl!
- Sugar Free - The last flavor in our soup line is our Sugar Free Birds Nest Soup, this is good for people with Diabetes or are just watching their calorie intake in general. It tastes great and it all natural, we use Xylitol as a natural sweetener.
Edible Bird's Nest Drinks at Golden Nest
For our Bird’s Nest Drink line, here are the flavors that are not available at Costco:
- Red Dates and Goji Berries - This unique combination of berries and dates is rich in antioxidants, and sold in packs of eight 12-ounce bottles.
- Lychee - Authentic lychee puree gives this drink its rich yet delicate and unique taste. Lychee juice is a moderate source of antioxidants according to traditional Chinese medicine. (Sold in packs of six or twelve 8-ounce bottles).
- Longan - Made with real longan fruit juice, this bird's nest beverage is designed to relax the senses. (Sold in packs of six or twelve 8-ounce bottles.)
- Loquat and Honey - Let the rich, soothing taste of loquat with a taste of honey sooth and relax you. (Sold in six or twelve packs containing 8-ounce bottles.)
- Sugar Free (Sweetened with all-Natural Xylitol) - Slightly sweetened with non-sugar natural sweetener.
If you sign up for our newsletter, we occasionally will run promotions.
Simply Swift™ Is Available at Costco
As you may have noticed, Simply Swift™ is now also available at Costco! This rich and nutrition-abundant bird’s nest is perfect for those who want to make their own bird's nest soup recipes in under 4 minutes instead of consuming pre-made edible bird's nest soup.
With Simply Swift™, you can home cook your own bird's nest soup using your preferred flavors or seasoning. Simply Swift comes in three size variations that you can choose from:
- 2 pieces (5g each piece)
- 6 pieces (5g each piece)
- 12 pieces (5g each piece)
If you’re cooking bird’s nest soup for yourself or a few people, you can go with the 2 or 6 piece pack. If you’re cooking bird’s nest soup for more people in a social gathering, you can go with the largest pack which contains 12 pieces of edible birds’ nests. The 12 piece edible birds’ nests pack is also an exceptional and perfect gift item! Currently, Costco only carries our 2 piece edible birds’ nests pack. If you want to save on your purchase, you can purchase the 6-piece or 12-piece edible birds’ nests set on our online birds’ nests shop!
The production of Simply SwiftTM starts with a diligent and vigorous hand-cleaning process to completely remove natural impurities from the raw swallow nests. Once the raw bird nests are cleaned, the bird nests are further cleansed by undergoing a high-pressure, flash-steaming procedure. This procedure is performed strictly by licensed experts in our facility in California. When the cleansing process is thoroughly complete, the Simply SwiftTM edible birds’ nests are portioned in advance, eliminating time and stress from the preparation process that a customer has to go through if they were to portion birds’ nests themselves prior to cooking the birds’ nests.
To prepare and cook Simply Swift™ ready to eat birds’ nests at home, you can take either of two cooking approaches.
You can cook bird's nest soup in 15 minutes using this cooking method. Since every Simply Swift™ product is portioned out in advance, the cooking process is incredibly simple.
- Pour 2 cups of water to pan and bring to boil
- Add 1 piece of Simply Swift™ and boil with medium heat for 15 minutes with the lid on
- Turn off heat and add sugar or other ingredients to your liking
- Final serving size: approximately 1 cup
You can cook bird's nest soup in 4 minutes using this preparation approach.
- Pour 1 cup of water to a large microwave-safe bowl (minimum 4-cups size to avoid spilling)
- Add 1 piece of Simply Swift™ and microwave on high for 4 minutes without cover
- Add sugar and other ingredients to your liking
- Final Serving Size: Approximately 1 cup